Aug 2017 EDIT:
My safe foods are completely different now. I kinda forgot to update this page as things changed, oops!
The original list was made 4 years ago, which is crazy and depressing, so I try not to think about that. Here is my new list…
- oatmeal – I eat 1/2 Cup oatmeal at a time, usually once per day, it is a staple
- PB2 – this is a powdered peanut butter. I gave up real peanut butter and this is what got me through that loss, I usually mix it into my oatmeal
- bread – I still love my bread! I buy the bread with the least amount of calories, I am allowed 2 slices per day max
- eggs – I am allowed 1 egg per day max, but not everyday
- Butterball Turkey Bacon – 2 slices per serving. I was eating this almost daily but I’ve been cutting back and I realized the other day I haven’t eaten it in a couple weeks. This may soon be off my safe food list but I’m trying to be optimistic so I’m keeping it on for now
- Premiere Protein Shake – they are gross, but they can replace a meal and give me energy to get through things
- Simply Protein Bar – these actually taste good. I don’t eat them daily, more like once a week, but they definitely help me get through dangerous patches where I am tempted to buy some food when out. I almost always have one in my purse.
- Diet Coke and Tea – this will never change
I now also have foods that are in an in between space. They were safe but over the past however long they have become unsafe, or almost unsafe, so I either don’t eat them but don’t totally fear them yet or I don’t eat them often, relying on them as more of a treat or exception to my regular food options. They are…
- Kodiak Cakes – a protein pancake mix. I still like them but I have trouble letting myself eat them.
- Fruit and Veg – I struggle with eating almost all of them now. The only time I eat them is when I’m at work or if I eat out, I never buy them.
- Milk – it is ok if I am putting it in my tea but that is it
So there ya have it, the foods I eat on a regular basis. I don’t eat them all in one day, but over the course of a week I most likely have eaten all of them at one point or another.
I also have some new rules around the timing of my food. On days I work, once I am done work and home I am not allowed to eat anymore. I don’t make good choices on what to eat after work so I decided it is safest to just not eat then. On days I don’t work, if I have gone out for whatever reason, once I am home I am cut off from food, or, if I am home super early in the day I can eat one more time. Basically I am trying my best to stop eating at home because that is where the most damage occurs. That is where I binge, so I figure that is where I have to be most strict to counter act the habit of binge eating.
START OF ORIGINAL POST:
I’ll add more to this page later but I thought I’d get it started. Here is a list of foods I consider safe to eat:
– raw veggies (usually carrots, celery is a really good one too but I hate the stringy parts)
– fruit, I know it is high is sugar and therefore carbs but I so rarely eat it that when I do have it I deem it ok
– tea, I drink more tea then anyone you know, specifically Tetley tea, caffeinated
– Kraft light peanut butter, by the spoonful, if it is on anything it’s a bad choice because I’m eating not only the peanut butter but whatever it is on but if I have a spoonful for dinner it’s ok
– Clif Bars, they are small, count as a meal, if I eat one it will be all I eat that day but it has so much in it I think it’s a good food choice
– yogurt, small portion, it is dairy, filling, has fruit in it, one small serving every 3-4 days is acceptable but I usually eat it way less then that
– diet coke, like my tea, I drink it in copious amounts, sometimes as a meal, sometimes just as a drink
– my protein shake, this one is iffy, it is a safe food if I have strenuously exercised that day and barely eaten anything else, otherwise it is an indulgence, I love my protein shake so I make myself earn it
– a glass of milk, I know it shouldn’t be, it’s milk, it’s full of sugar and carbs but if I choose I may have 1 cup of 1% milk a day (if I don’t over indulge the rest of the day)
Hmm, I said I would add to this list later but I think this is actually my entire list…it’s an awful lot of food, I think I should cut back on my safe foods…or cut back on the frequency I am allowed to eat them…